shakespiker vocabulary builder
what is ‘ buffet ‘ otherwise interestingly called ?
it’s an another thing on the sense’less’ness of the word coinage, as listed below
buff = (1) a heavy, soft, brownish’yellow LEATHER .
(2) a military COAT made of this leather .
(3) a CLOTH / STICK – covered with this leather .
(4) COLOR – dull, brownish’yellow color .
(5) PERSON – a DEVOTEE / FAN / ENTHUSIAST .
-et = a suffixal attachment used to form Nouns from other Nouns
Little, Small, Diminutive eg : kitchen-kitchenet
buffet = logically to Mean : a Small, Little, Dimunitve of
any of the above 4 meanings
buffet = but the ACTUAL MEANING IS THIS :
(1) MEAL – a meal which guests serve themselves .
(2) FURNITURE – (a) CupBoard/Drawers – Dishes,
(b) Counter/Table – where refreshments are served .
(3) a BLOW / BEAT / HIT – usually with Hand/Fist
(4) STRUGGLE – to struggle against
buffet is otherwise interestingly called as : stand’up Dinner . Sure, is the opposite a sit’down Dinner (?) Lexicographers !
senselessly wrong both by the Syllable & by the Sound this word : buffet
surgical Intervention by shakeSpiker would be this : boofaey